Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a nice, warm holiday! As I sit writing this, I am boggled at how fast 2020 flew by! Time stops for nothing, not even for a global pandemic. I have been done with portraits since the end of October. It has been nice to relax for a couple of months and work on personal projects without portrait editing staring back at me. In previous years, I would still be editing seniors through the holidays and new year. It’s actually felt a little strange, but exhilarating at the same time.
Instead of New Year’s resolutions, I have made a list of goals I have set for myself in 2021 and thought I would share them with you! I have a few other irons in the fire as well, but wanted to keep it short and simple!
1. Post more on social media and be more engaging.
2. Blog more!
3. Submit more images to publications and websites.
4. Finish my all new website! This will be coming within the next couple weeks!
5. Hit 1,000 followers on FB and Insta! I have had the pages for almost 10 years and I have been stuck forever. I even lost followers when I stopped doing portraits, which I totally get! The algorithm stinks for sure on those platforms.
6. Get out in nature more! Planning a New Year’s hike for tomorrow to start the year strong!
These images are from a winter storm last winter. We didn’t have snow this year until just before Christmas, which was very unusual. I wish everyone a healthy and happy 2021!